Monday, March 7, 2016

Aurora Wings Challenge #24: My Favorite Season



Hello All and Welcome to my first challenge post for Aurora Wings Challenge Blog!!! I am so excited to see you all again!! Did you enjoy the blog hop last week? There were some beautiful peices weren't there??
This week I have another shadow box to show you. This one is for my mom. She already has 2 other images that are similar style to this one framed in her home so when I saw Orchids in the Rain I knew it was the perfect one to do as a Thank You gift for her!!
Isn't this just beautiful!! I loved coloring this amazing image up!!
The quote inside says: "The lovely flower embarrass me, They make me regret am not a bee-" -Emily Dickinson, 1864

My moms an English teacher so it just fit to perfectly!!
Here are a few more pictures for you so you can see it all! LOL





Materials used:
fake Orchids and grennery from Michaels
Tim Holtz stick pin
mini push pins
Bo Bunny liquid Pearl: Island Mist
Viva Perlen-Pen: Turquoise
Glue dots-- Lots and lots and lots of them!

Copics:
E04,11,21,00,000
E18,15,11
YG67, 03
RV19,14,11

I can't wait to see what you all come with to show us your favorite season this week!!! PS Mine is Summer and so is Moms!!! Thanks for stopping by and taking a look!!!




4 comments:

  1. Your shadow box is just stunning, Sara and I know your mother will be thrilled. Your gorgeous coloring and meaningful quote are just perfect for her and I love that it represents the favorite season you both share. What fabulous inspiration for our My Favorite Season Challenge. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of the orchids inside the box and your colouring of the sweet image is so adorable, what a sweet project you made, wonderfull, hugs, Marion

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW your shadow box is amazing Sara! I'm sure that your Mum will adore it as much as we do. Thank you so much for creating this beautiful DT make for our Aurora Wings Stella Teams first challenge "My Favourite Season" Huge Hugz, Lorraine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great inspiration for the Stella Team's first challenge, Sara! I always love seeing projects with dimension, and shadow box is the epitome of such projects!! Gorgeous coloring on the image, with lush silk orchids, plus a lovely quote - a perfect gift for your mom. What a great keepsake this is! Thank you so much for a stunning inspiration for our latest challenge at Aurora Wings!
    Mitzi xxx

    ReplyDelete