Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Pirate ship mixed media

I promised you guys I would have some cool mixed media for you soon!! And so it begins..

I mention a few weeks ago my friend was having a Pirate theme for her sons first birthday, remember? So I got to thinking what I could make for him? A few years ago, Wanda, made my oldest a cookie sheet alphabet board. She painted it all up and vinyled the abc's on there and then gave her abc magnets to practice with. Its been a favorite here so I thought could I do something pirate like that for little man?
 Turns out that yes, yes I can!!
First I took a pizza pan from the dollar store and cut the inner image on my cricut. Then I distressed the edges of the pan to make them look more antique and glued the heads off some brads on to make it look like you were looking out a port hole (is that what its called? I get sea sick... so I really have no idea! LOL)


Then I cut, colored, laminated and glued some magnetic strips to the back of some images for him to put on.

The Kaven pirate flag I designed just for him. I thought the idea of the cross bones as the v was super cool.

And lastly I took a dollar store chest and covered it in paper, distressed and painted it to look like a real pirates chest.

How do you all think it came out? I'm in love and so happy to have it done!! I hope he loves it too!!

Supplies used:
Pirates and Mermaids cartridge
Lifes a beach cartridge
Create a critter cartridge
Heidi swapp color shine mist in teal
Tim Holtz Peacock Feathers distress ink
Gold stickles
Brown acrylic paint
Silver, Lavared, and yellow Inca Gold
Modge Podge
Tim Holtz antique brads
Dollar store magnetic roll
Crayola Markers-- I know some of my colors are off on the magnets and I know had I colored them with my copics they would look way better, but I figured he is 1.. who knows how long they will last and thats a lot of copic ink!!

Ta-ta for now!! Hubby's home from work so better go cuddle and pretend I love him as much as my cricut <wink wink> ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment