Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Pin Up Girls

I don't know if any of you know this about me but I love the images Krista creates over at Saturated Canary. So I started following her blog Saturated Canary. She is currently hosting a coloring contest and although I am still learning my copics (Like alot!!) I couldn't resist the urge to put in a creation!! Especially with the prize being a chance to help her design her next digi for release in April!! Can you say Frozen Beauty or Farming Beauty?? Well I can!! Lol

So here is what I came up with, with the amazing assistance of my Wanda girl!! I had so much fun putting together something alittle out of my norm!! I tried to do "punk funk pretty". I think we kinda nailed it!! This is "Beach Ink"
For this project I went with a black canvas, another first, and it actually rocked with the effect I was going for!! I used recolllections papers, ribbon, crochet doiley and flowers. I rolled the mosiac flowers cut from the CTMH Art Philosophy cartridge. The little black flowers are Heidi Swapp (which now I'm out of and they are discontinued I think :(  I love them!) and misted with her Black velvet mist. I used her teal and mustard mists as well. The brass bird is Tim Holtz. The feathers and bottle cap are just random ones I had in my stash. I also used CTMH black dots inside the rolled flowers. The tattoo style heart pennant with wings I designed in Design Space. And the little bird boarder is cut from the rosette and ribbons cartridge. Then I put a touch of stickles on them, I used Tim Holtz peacock feathers distress ink as well as yellow and steel blue inca gold. I colored her with copics and again it was half my stash so if you want the list let me know!! But please don't make me type it all out ;)

I'm not sure if it was the green beer talking last night but when hubby saw what I was making he asked me to make him a brunette pin up girl with "Beach Ink" as well. So I got after it! Lol! When a man asks you to create him something you just do it!!

So here is my take on a "Beach Ink Pin Up Girl"


I again used Recollections papers and copics to color. The arrow and film strip are both Tim Holtz. I misted with Heidi Swapp teal mist. I used foam tape between each layer to give it lots of dimension. The 2 images we both designed and cut with my Explore Air and Design Space. I took a long time to lay it all out right to discover I didn't have one of the images (silly mistake I should have looked closer when I picked it!) and so I had to go pick a different bird but I think they turned out wicked!! You can't see in the picture but the rose is covered with an epoxy bubble left over from a Tim Holtz set of embellishments. 

So that's what I have been working on the last few days and I think they are awesome!! Now which one to enter in the contest??

I am going to enter the first one in Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blogs # 247- Bye, Bye Birdie
I decided to enter the second one in The Color Challenge so stop by the link and pick your favorite! It doesn't have to be mine!! There are some gorgeous creations!!

I'm off for now... Gotta get the little ones present wrapped and a card prepped for her big sis to make tomorrow and another birthday cards and and and... Night!


Update: The first one won the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog #247: Bye Bye Birdie challenge!!!!

6 comments:

  1. They both look amazing! Lots of fun seeing photos along the process and brainstorming together via text. Love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That blue is STUNNING! Well done girl!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, they are wonderful! Thank you for joining us at FCCB, your project is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card!! Love those flowers and the colours are beautiful! Thanks for playing with us at FCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your win with us at FCCB!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karla!!! I'm so excited!!
      PS. FYI: they are canvas'... one for the wall in my craft room and one for hubbys camp room at work :D

      Delete